2012 Manure Applicator Certification
Questions & Answers
5. As a new employee or commercial manure service representative working for a commercial manure service, I understand I can work for the first 30 days of my initial employment without being certified. Please explain the requirement for supervision. Do I need to be within sight and sound of a certified commercial service representative? Do they need to be present?
9. I have attended a training meeting or taken an exam and passed, and have mailed my certification form and fee to the DNR. Will I receive a certification card or some form verifying my certification?
12. If I want to take the exam to become certified as a commercial manure service representative or manager or confinement site manure applicator is there a study guide or some document I can access to prepare for the exam?
14. I am a confinement site manure applicator and I attended my first certification workshop or I renewed my certification in 2009. I have not attended a certification meeting since that time. Will I have to take an exam to recertify in 2012?
17. As the owner/manager of a commercial manure service, I understand I can substitute new employees for employees that have left my business. The new employees must still attend the 3-hour training workshops or take and pass the exam, but the business will not be required to pay additional certification fees if the certification fees have already been paid. How do I substitute employees?
19. Will the education fee also apply to confinement site applicators or commercial manure service representatives if they choose to take the exam to meet certification requirements instead of attending a training session?