Soil Test Interpretations and Recommendations
- CROP 3140 Use of the late-spring soil nitrate test in Iowa corn production
- PM 1688 A General Guide for Crop Nutrient and Limestone Recommendations in Iowa
- PM 1310 Interpretation of Soil Test Results
- Estimating Losses When Cornstalk Fields Are Accidentally Burnt -- Revised July 20, 2017
- Dry Fall Conditions Can Lead to Field Fires -- Revised July 20, 2017
Conference Proceedings and Reports
- Mallarino, A.P., and J.E. Sawyer. 2013. Update to Iowa phosphorus, potassium, and lime recommendations. p. 137-143. In The Integrated Crop Management Conf. Proceedings. Dec. 4-5, 2013. Iowa State Univ. Extension.
- Mallarino, A.P. 2012. Nutrient management for increased crop productivity and reduced environmental impacts. Proc. Joint XIX Latin American and XXIII Argentinean Soil Science Congress. 16-20 April, 2012. Mar del Plata, Argentina.
- Mallarino, A.P., B.E. Hill, and K.L. Culp. 2011. Iowa Soil Test Summaries 2006-2010. Iowa State Univ., Dep. of Agronomy, Ames, IA
- Mallarino, A.P., D.J. Wittry, and P.A. Barbagelata. 2002. Iowa soil-test field calibration research update: potassium and the Mehlich-3 ICP phosphorus test. p. 29-39. In North Central Extension-Industry Soil Fertility Conference. Proceedings. Vol. 18. Des Moines, IA.
- Sawyer, J.E. 1999. Making every fertilizer dollar pay. p. 63-78. In Proc. Integrated Crop Manag. Conf., Ames, IA. 1-2 Dec. Iowa State Univ., Ames, IA.
- Mallarino, A.P., and D. Wittry. 1999. Challenges for making intensive soil sampling and variable-rate technology pay. p.104-109. In North Central Extension-Industry Soil Fertility Conference. Proceedings. Vol. 15. St. Louis, MO.
- Sawyer, J.E. 1998. Managing crop nutrients and limestone with reduced financial resources. p. 33-36. In Proc. Integrated Crop Manag. Conf., Ames, IA. 17-18 Nov. Iowa State Univ., Ames, IA.
- ISU Stover Harvest Information
- ISU Research and Demonstration Farms Annual Progress Reports
- ISU Soil and Plant Analysis Laboratory